Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Yelf Bottle top

Well it's been a while since my last post, but put that down to a lack of new items coming in and an absorption with my 'Faded London' website, which takes up quite a chunk of my available time. However a nice little item came up recently on ebay. This was for a Yelf beer bottle top, something that wouldn't only be interesting on its own merits, but because I happen to own a couple of top-less Yelf beer-bottles myself!

£2.99 and a week or so later here it is perched at a jaunty angle on it's new home.

I think that brewing some beer and bottling up with this old relic might be taking it a bit far, but it's certainly nice to have the two back together again.

Of course I didn't buy it on its own - some other Isle of Wight bottle tops came along with it
The breweries represented are
The Ventnor Brewery
Dear & Morgan - Cowes
F. Saunders - Shanklin
Henry Adams - Ryde
Randall & Co - Ryde
I suppose my other Yelf Beer bottle will have to make do with an inferior stopper for the meantime, but the vendor mentioned another exciting object to keep my eyes open for "I have a... stoneware stout bottle from Yelfs. Very collectable..." Eyes peeled then!

No comments: